The Joint CSE/QUDOS Workshop 2020 – 5th Workshop on Continuous Software Engineering and the 6th International Workshop on Quality-Aware DevOps – will be hosted virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on September 15th, 2020. The workshop is co-located with the 14th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2020).
The Joint CSE/QUDOS Workshop 2020 is organized and technically sponsored by the Research Group (RG) and the DevOps Performance Working Group of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC RG), and by RADON’S consortium.
For the second time, the CSE and QUDOS workshops join forces to foster cross-fertilization and bootstrap an even bigger, stronger community around the urgently emerging topics they are both addressing from different angles. Especially industry practitioners are invited to join this community and present challenges, solutions and lessons learned from real and complex projects.
- The QUDOS workshop provides a forum for experts from academia and industry to present and discuss novel quality-aware methods, practices and tools for DevOps.
- CSE workshop’s goal is to present and discuss innovative solutions, ideas and experiences in the area of continuity along the entire software engineering lifecycle hence, Continuous Software Engineering.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Foundations: DevOps Engineering & Quality Assurance Methodologies;integration with lifecycle management; automated tool chains; patterns & smells;
- Architecture: Scalability and capacity planning; scale-out architectures; cloud-native application design; microservice-based architectures; model-driven architectures; architecture evolution and erosion
- Development and Tooling: Software models and requirements in early software development phases; automatic functional and non-functional testing; languages, annotations and profiles for quality assurance; analysis, verification and prediction; optimization-based architecture design; Infrastructure-as-Code
- Operation and Maintenance: Application performance monitoring; model-driven performance measurement and benchmarking; feedback-based quality assurance; capacity planning and forecasting; performance anti-pattern detection; traceability and versioning; trace and log analysis; software regression and testing; security and privacy; software health and self-healing; containerization and immutable infrastructure
- Continuous X: Continuous Delivery and Continuous Experimentation; deployment pipelines, canary releases and partial rollouts; A/B testing; performance and scalability testing via shadow launches
- Applications and Experience: Case Studies in cloud computing, Big Data, and IoT/Edge Computing; standardization and interoperability; novel application domains, etc.
- All other topics related to quality in DevOps and agile service delivery models
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers that are not being considered in another forum. We solicit full papers (max. 12 pages), short papers (max. 5 pages), and industry abstracts (max. 2 pages). All submissions must conform to the Springer CCIS format.
Each full paper submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee.
Papers should be submitted via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csequdos2020
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the workshop and present the paper. Presented papers will be published by Springer.
Submission deadline June 19, 2020 (AoE)
Paper notification Jul 13, 2020
Camera-ready deadline Jul 22, 2020
Workshop date Sep 14-18, 2020 (t.b.a.)